Calima Surf SUP School runs beginner, intermediate and advanced courses all year round. We also organise various trips to different parts of Lanzarote where you are guaranteed to have a good time.
1 Day of beginners SUP classes (2 hours in calm waters).
- All the material necessary (board, oar and wetsuit)
- Theory and practical lessons in calm waters for 2 hours a day.
- Photos of the activities.
- Transport from our centre in Famara to wherever that day's lesson is taking place, depending on weather conditions. The SUP lessons usually take place by Famara Pier or in La Santa sport.
- Basic learning points: You will gain an understanding of SUP boards (different models, riding boards, boards for waves, race boards), the different types of oars (which size is best for you) and how to choose the right equipment.
Safety before everything else:
- Making important observations about where the lesson is taking place (which way the currents are going, the intensity of the wind, if the tide is going in or out, whether or not there are people on the beach etc.)
- Completely safe access zones.
- Getting in and out of the water.
- What to do when there are complications. Doing SUP in calm waters is extremely safe and suitable for families, children over the age of 6, elderly people and disabled people. All are welcome at Calima Surf School, your SUP school in the Canary Islands.
Our instructors possess a perfect knowledge of the island and his conditions for the development of this sport. We realize different excursions looking always for the best places for the practice of the sup of initiation, as the beach of the redoubt in Reef, pool of the Holy one, sunked ship, Famara's falls …
- SUP Techniques:
- Paddling technique
- Body and feet position.
- Direction changes.
- Benefits it provides:
- Improves fitness
- It tones the muscles (legs, buttocks, thighs ..)
- Improved cardiac resistance
- Balance and coordination
- Injury recovery
- Feeling of freedom
Trips on Lanzarote
For those who have some previous experience of SUP, we organise trips to different spots on the island: Playa del Reducto, Playa del Reducto, Charco San Inés, Puerto Calero (Quiqui cliff), Famara crag and lowlands, Caletón blanco and much more!
The trips are 4 or 5 hours in length , including travel from the school to the first spot of the trip.
We can pick up a minimum of 2 customers from hotels in Puerto del Carmen, Costa Teguise, Puerto Calero and Arrecife.
Surf + Sup Camp
We organize different camps of adventure, in Famara's Natural reservation combining different sports. If you want to risk in two or more sports simultaneously, do not get lost the different packages that we offer. And if you are interested also convinar the Surf more the SUP He Visits the option that we you sense beforehand.
Curso de Surf y Sup